Marit Simons (27) is a perfect example of a girl boss: at 18, she started her own business Code Model Management. Now she represents famous models like Imaan Hammam, Vera van Erp and Nimue Smit. Fun fact: Marit herself scouted then 13-year old Imaan at the central station of Amsterdam.
1. What is your idea of a perfect Friday evening?
Friday evening having dinner with friends at one of my all-time favorite spots, Buffet van Odette, sipping a glass of red vino while catching up on the silliness in our lives.
2. And Sunday afternoon?
Sunday afternoon watching a movie at The Movies with my boyfriend, the place has such an ambiance it feels like a short trip back to the 20’s.
3. Which living person do you most admire?
I greatly admire the philosopher/writer Alain de Botton. He has an incredible ability to entertain a whole audience with his philosophical views and wits.
4. What makes you forget to eat and pee?
When an amazing job is about to get confirmed I get so excited I might forget my primary needs until everything is done…
5. What book do you read at the moment (any good?) and what book is on your bucket list?
I’m currently reading Daniel Boorstin’s ‘The Image: A Guide to Pseudo-Events in America’, it is fascinating, a must-read for anyone who wonders about American politics. When that’s finished I can’t wait to get down to ‘Seven Days In The Art World’ by Sarah Thornton!
6. What do you consider the most useful app ever invented?
Wunderlist, the perfect app for my never-ending to-do lists!
7. What music do you play when working?
A lot of Drake, Majid Jordan, Yuna and Grimes with a whiff of Sade and J.J. Cale mixed in. Eclectic, yes.
8. When and where were you happiest?
I’m happiest when I’m on holiday somewhere on a beach with my friends and boyfriend – what better place can you find on this earth?
9. What do you consider your biggest achievement?
Having the perseverance to build a company from scratch. I’m 9 years in now!
10. If the sky were the limit: where would you be and what would you do?
I would definitely live on an island.
11. What is your top three best business tips?
Always use your intuition. Find out who you can trust. And take holidays!
12. What do you drink after work?
I love a good moscow mule every once in a while
13. What is your motto? Or what should or could it be?