Welcome to a new Letter from the Editor! As we’re stepping into Spring, I feel like this is the right time to prioritize. What makes you happy, what do you want to do more (or less) of, how do you want to spend your time, money and energy? (Tip: I’m reading the book called ‘The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a Fuck‘ and it’s a great guide to answering these questions).
The focus is on spending more time with my devices switched off. Preferably alone (I’m going on a solo holiday again this month!) or with my absolute best girlfriends.
This month, we’ll zoom in on our friendships in the Big Bestie Month. You’ll find another free downloadable list (remember our Goal Sheets?); a Beste Bucket List in this case. There will be best friend interviews, the videos of me and Kim will have English subtitles (yay!), I’ll write about my fave beauty products of the moment (beauty besties), and so, so much more.
I’m sure you’ll agree that there’s something special about that bestie bond. I love having super close friends that are basically my partners-in-crime and who understand me without words. (And ehm… when we do speak, we’re probably finishing each other’s sentences.)
Besties are amazing because, you know…
– You can just be yourself; relaxed, safe and honest. You don’t have to impress anyone.
– Your best friend will (at least try to) understand you and won’t judge you. Feeling a little lost in this world? A two-hour call with your bestie and everything makes sense again. Tada!
– Your bestie and you laugh about the same jokes. (Me and Kim have about three inside jokes that we just make over and over as you can see in this video, haha!).
– You always have someone to go on spontaneous adventures with.
– Your best friend carefully puts you back together when you’re hurt. And you’ll do the same for her! It’s a preeetty sweet deal.
On this blog, it often feels like I’m talking to my best friends when I’m writing things for you. It honestly feels like we’ve all known each other for years. I hope that feeling comes across in everything we do on Chapter Friday. Thanks for being our digital friends, we love you for it!