There’s not much that makes the weekend better than snuggling up in a blanket and watching your favorite movies over and over again. The CHAPTER FRIDAY team brainstormed and compiled a list of favorites that hopefully includes one (or two, or three..) that will make your day.
1. 10 Things I Hate About You – Essential to a successful girls night in, this movie is a must. As well as popcorn. And marshmallows.
2. The Perks of Being A Wallflower – We’ve all probably heard of this movie, but maybe you just haven’t watched it yet. If not, do so now.
3. Rushmore – A ridiculously over-involved prep school student gets put on probation. ‘Nuff said.
4. Bridget Jones’s Diary – Because Bridget is the mostly oddly, worst dressed, hilarious and relatable woman on screen.
5. 500 Days of Summer – Cute as can be, this L.A set movie is literally romance.
6. Juno – The perfect quirky teenage love story about two friends and an awkward pregnancy.
7. Little Miss Sunshine – This movie is a crowd pleaser, in the best of ways, one of the cutest movies out there.
8. Bridesmaids – Booze, anxiety and bridal drama, this movie is definitely notorious.
9. Breakfast at Tiffany’s – You just can’t go wrong with Audrey Hepburn. Or Tiffanny’s, for that matter.
10. Anchorman – You probably know every quote by heart, if you don’t, here’s your chance to join us. Anchorman is like comfort food itself.
11. Silver Linings’ Playbook – Warm, lovely and wise to the world, this movie’s perfect for snuggling up in a blanket and an early night.
12. Heathers – Mean girls but better. Is it really possible? Well, watch it and see!
13. Clueless – This film has inspired us since we were 90’s tweens. Inspiring a generation of girls, this romantic comedy is one of the best satires of California girls.
14. Best In Show – If you haven’t seen this, ever, then you have the wrong priorities, because this is brilliant.
15. Safety not Guaranteed – If you’re a fan of Parks and Recreation, you had better watch our beloved April being just as wonderfully weird here.
16. Dirty dancing – For the love of Patrick Swayze’s arms (that lift in the water!) and because nobody puts Baby in a corner.
17. Amélie – The one foreign film almost everyone has seen or should see eight times because it’s so incredibly sweet and charming.